When handling your personal data, we will always comply with the obligations set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) from 25th May 2018. We also promise to do the following:
- We’ll only collect and use your information where we have your permission to do so.
- We’ll be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how we’ll collect and use your information. If we collect your information for a purpose, we’ll only use it for that purpose, unless you’ve been otherwise informed and given your permission where relevant.
- We won’t ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we’re collecting it.
- We’ll update our records when you tell us that your details have changed.
- We’ll periodically review your personal information to ensure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary.
- We’ll ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We’ll observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently.
- We’ll train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We’ll ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held.
There are various ways in which we’ll collect information from you, such as:
- When you shop with us, online, in-store or on the phone
- When you register to create an account with us online
- When you request a brochure from us
- When you purchase or redeem a Faller Gift Card
- When you signup to receive emails from us online, in-store or over the phone
- When you start a purchase online but don’t complete it
- When you write a product review
- When you place a product on deposit in-store
- When you use our Repairs service
- When you contact our Customer Services team
- When you talk to us on Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media channel
- Closed circuit television recordings within our stores for safety and security purposes
Your contact details (name, telephone number, email address, billing address, delivery address)
- To deliver your order
- To discuss and send updates about your order or purchase or repair
- To discuss an enquiry or complaint with you
- To carry out necessary fraud checks
- To send you offers, news, inspiration and other updates (if you’ve opted into these communications)
- To send you an electronic copy of your receipt
Your transactional and browsing details (purchased items, items you’ve saved to your ‘favourites’, items you’ve added to your bag, where you purchased)
- To make product recommendations
- To enhance and personalise your shopping experience
- To send you reminders of your shopping bag or favourites list
- To meet our contractual obligations for things like refunds and exchanges
Your device details (IP address, location, device details)
- To deliver the best shopping experience for your phone/laptop/tablet
- To carry out necessary fraud checks
Your payment information (your payment card’s expiry date and last 4 digits). Your other payment details, such as card number and CV2, are taken by our secure payment gateway (Sagepay) and stored against a token which we use to process your payment without needing to know your card details.
- To carry out necessary fraud checks
- To process payments and refunds
Your emails and letters you send to us.
- To ensure we’re providing you with the best service possible
- To assist with training and development of our people
We will never sell your personal information, but there are occasions where we need to share it with trusted third parties, in order to meet our obligations to you and provide certain services.
What types of third parties do we share your data with?
- As all our products are produced by and supplied by Faller in Derry, Northern Ireland we do not share this information with couriers or delivery partners.
- Fraud prevention services, to protect you and us from fraud
- Payment providers who we partner with for payment services, such as finance and credit/debit card processing
- Technology partners that help service our website and key business systems
- Any third party that requires us to disclose personal information in order to comply with legal, regulatory and statutory obligations, such as a law enforcement agency
Please be assured that when we outsource any processes, we ensure that these companies have adequate security measures in place. We’ll also require them to comply with privacy principles as part of our contract with them.
You may find content on our Site that links to the sites and services of other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and privacy policies.
Faller is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will only accept orders from web browsers and or devices that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which will help prevent you from placing an order or sharing information on an unsecured web browser that may be liable to internet vulnerabilities. The latest and up to date releases/versions of the following browsers and devices are SSL compliant: Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and all current updated Apple iOS devices. (non-“jailbreak” devices).
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
All details held in the ‘my account’ section of the website (for registered customers) are password-protected. We tokenise payment information to ensure this data isn’t accessible within our systems. We monitor the use and content of emails, calls and secure messages sent from and received by us, in order to detect the transmission of computer viruses and attempts to prevent this website or its services from working. We also regularly test the robustness of our IT systems to identify any vulnerabilities. Our Site is in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
We’ll retain your information for as long as is required to carry out the relevant services it was collected for, or for as long as you keep your account with us.
You have various rights over the personal information we hold about you.
- You can request to access the data.
- You can correct any incorrect or incomplete information we hold.
- You can request that we delete, remove or stop processing your data.
- You can withdraw your consent, or change your preferences, for Marketing communications.
- If you wish to do any of these things you can contact our customer services team at email@example.com or by calling 0044 (28) 71362710.
You can opt out at any time by doing one of the following:
- If you’re registered online, you can log in to your account and change your preferences.
- You can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our Marketing emails.
- You can Contact Us using our online form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can write to us: Customer Services, Faller the Jeweller, 12 Strand Road, Derry, BT48 7AB
- You can call us on 0044 (28) 71362710. and speak to our staff. They are available Monday to Saturday, 9am-5.30pm.
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office.
Write to us at Faller the Jeweller, 12 Strand Road, Derry, BT48 7AB
Cookies are small text files that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device if you agree and are used to log information and enable certain functionality. Cookies are completely harmless and anonymous, so will never hold any personal or confidential information about you.
There are four types of cookies:
- Functional (essential to the functioning of elements of the site like the Shopping Basket).
- Advertising (allowing us to tailor ads to you based on your preferences)
- Analytics (to track and measure performance and enable us to improve our site)
- Preference-based (enabling us to tailor your experience based on things like location).
There are two sources of cookies:
- First-party cookies are sent by us to your device. They can be used to remember your preferences when you visit our website or to maintain your browser connection.
- Third-party cookies are sent by a third party that provides functionality through our website, such as embedded YouTube videos. This helps the third party to remember your preferences when you visit our website and others.
Cookies stay on your device for different periods of time.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Except for essential functional cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.
For more information on cookies and how to manage their settings, we recommend that you visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Updated : 03-08-2018